Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Size and position changes

Hi guys,

I have set the layout ( X position, Y position, Width, Height) of each KPI to have a nice report page and I have noted that it changes without my intervention. 

It changes a little bit but it's enough to make it less nice to see. I don't know where does it come from ?

Is there a configuration or option to do to fix this because it's annoying to adjust everytime 

Thank you !

10 REPLIES 10
JOFData1

Maybe I've found a solution:

When the markbox "grid lines" is marked, Power BI Desktop changes the background size.
When I publish the report on Power BI Online, the "grid lines" are empty and the layout changes.

So, in Power BI Desktop:
Unmark the markbox "grid lines"; than
Set the objects position and mark the "object blocking"; than
Publish.

It appears to solve the problem here.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please check if you use the lastest version of Power BI Desktop.

Which kpi visual do you use?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I was literally just making a post regarding this because I have run into it so much over the past two years. I don't know what the impetus is but the bahaviour is strange. I will do a series of cards (2x2, 3x3, 4x2, etc), and am **bleep** retentive about getting everything on the same rows/columns aligned and having identical settings. If the visuals have a border, the lines won't react identically or once I publish things shift. In the sense of how the borders overlap/clash, they can have identical Y/H/W but don't precisely align with the visual just below it (ie, one side does but the other does not). that's not to say anything of being CERTAIN that I have set everything identically and coming back to a height of 74 or 76 instead of 75.

I have tried grouping objects, setting selection order, and turning on the lock objects option but the individual objects still get impacted. Nothing fixes it and it is slowly driving me insane. My PBI is constantly up to date and I have never not had a time where PBI isn't shifting my meticulous work.

Thank you OP, I have been waiting for over two years for someone else bring this up!

@Greg_Deckler @v-juanli-msft @Anonymous 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Are you talking about when you publish it to the Service? If so, I've seen that too and to the best of my knowledge there is nothing you can do about it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Greg_Deckler 

I didn't publish it yet. I'm talking about when I edit in Desktop. And yes, I have seen that change in Service too. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue as well as one where despite having identical Y-W-H and the lines of the card are not aligning. Is there anything upcoming to address this? 

I'm having the same issues. 

These are cards that I layed out and already published. You'll noticed that it's not properly aligned. 

krixtsup3r_0-1593401246983.png

but if you check it in desktop app, it's properly aligned.

krixtsup3r_1-1593401355607.png

I hope there will be a fix on this. 

Really? That's really odd. Does this happen when switching between pages or ? What Desktop version? Any chance you can share the PBIX?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that I can not share this one.

It happens when I switch pages and come back to the previous . It's really unpredictable and anyhow.

I saw the responsive option. May the problem come from this option ?

Would be worth trying it. Also, could potentially open a support ticket as well.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.