Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Single visual on a report page that isn't filtered by 'Filters on all pages'

Hi all, 

I have a report in which I typically limit things by quarter, but I wondered if it would be possible to provide a visual that ignores the filters set by the report - and provides feedback on all history.

e.g. selection is Q1 2021, but this visual provides an oversight of the history of a particular aspect of the report - so provides the past few years as summary? 

Is it possible without having to set individual filters on each page/visual? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I've figured a way of avoiding the date filter by creating a dummy table and linking them, now I just need to do the same for the values part of the visual. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

you can use a measure and use the ALL modifier:

All Time Sales = CALCULATE( SUM( myTable[Sales] ) , ALL( dateTable[date] ) )

This ignores the date filters.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I'll play around with that, but the idea would be that it ignored the date filters and providing feedback for a wide range (so instead of just Q1, it would provide Q1, 2, 3 & 4 from the past year) - so it would need to be more than just the total figures for each, but the dates that went with them to help demonstrate patterns? 

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use edit interactions on this visual of your's to limit change when a filter/slicer selection is done on the report.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Try using the ALL function in a measure to override filter context and include everything.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I've figured a way of avoiding the date filter by creating a dummy table and linking them, now I just need to do the same for the values part of the visual. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Whether your problem has been resolved? Do you need any else help regarding this thread? If the problem still not be resolved, you can refer the method in the following threads to get it.

Ignore page level filter in Measure

How to exclude one visual from page filters?

Allow a single visual to ignore report level filters

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.