Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

renzojrb
Regular Visitor

Single value option with Slicer

Hi everyone,

I'm following a model example and I noticed that its slicer has an option called 'Single Value':

2.PNG

I want to know how to get this option because in my model I just get the others options:

3.PNG

I have also checked Numeric Range Slicer from Preview features, in both cases data type are Whole number, the only difference is the symbol type

4.PNG

Thank you very much for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lndnbrg
Resolver III
Resolver III

The column in your example seems to be a What If parameter (see here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-august-2017-feature-summary/#analytics).

That may cause the slicer to behave differently.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gopal4416
Frequent Visitor

If that is possible to have single value slicer  without using what if parameter.

I mean Slicer value in angle from my model (image).

Gopal4416
Frequent Visitor

Without using what if parameter can i get single value in slicer (my Model Image)

I'd be interested in this too.

Based on my experiments it seems that the single value slider is only available through what if parameter creation. Even if I create new table with similar generateseries dax that I have in a what if parameter the single value slider isn't available. Has anybody figured out if I can assing a new table as a parameter table or if there is any other way to get the single value slider?

lndnbrg
Resolver III
Resolver III

The column in your example seems to be a What If parameter (see here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-august-2017-feature-summary/#analytics).

That may cause the slicer to behave differently.

I had the same issue and it works for me. Thanks @lndnbrg 

Thank you @lndnbrg it works now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.