Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masongalindo
Regular Visitor

Single date slicer for multiple queries

Hello!

I know this has been asked before, and I followed the instruction that was provided but seem unable ...

I have a pretty simple dashboard with only a few tables. Basically, I need a single date slicer to drive multiple queries. The attached shows how I have my relationships setup and the error I am receiving. I am unable link both the Traffic and FlashSales tables to the Calendar table. It only allows one relationship to be active at a time, yet, this causes the slicer to drive only one query or the other, and I need it to update both.

All help greatly appreciated 🙂

Table Relationships

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Turn off bidirectional cross filtering and it should be ok. Double click on the double arrows on the relationships and change there

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Turn off bidirectional cross filtering and it should be ok. Double click on the double arrows on the relationships and change there

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

@MattAllingtonYou nailed it. Thanks!

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @masongalindo

There are couple of approaches to handle this.

1. Explore if the two fact tables Flash Sales and SMS Traffic can be combined as a single FactTable with a column called TransType which will have values like "Flash" or "SMS". And then connect this to single Calendar Table. The only caveat is your measures will have to have additional filter to include this new column TransType.

2. The second approach could be to make use of USERELAATIONSHIP function when referring to the SMS Traffic table.

Eg : SumTrafficCount = Calculate (SMSTraffic[TrafficCount], USERELATIONSHIP(SMSTraffic[Date], Calendar[Dates])

Share some data and the outputs you expect. 

If this works for you please accept it as a solution also give KUDOS.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hello @CheenuSing

Thank you for the help. I actually attempted Matt's solution first because it seemed quicker and it did the trick. I'll keep your advice in mind as well, thanks for taking the time to help me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.