Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rashidanwar
Helper III
Helper III

Single date range filter applies different date ranges to different visuals on a single page

Hi everyone,

I need some help on the below issue. I have searched for the topic in the community but didn't find any specific answer. I apologies if I have made duplication and refer me to the that post if the answer already exists.

I have different date columns in my data like order date, invoice date, return date etc.
I want to show orders, invoice and return information on 3 different tables on a single page but single date range slicer should be used to filter the data in different tables for the date date range selected in the slicer.

I think one way is to create a calendar table and then making relationship of all the date columns to that date table and use it in the date slicer. Is there any other way like we do in google data stuido?

In google data studio on every visual we have a date range dimension but date range filter is just a date range and it doesn't have any value.

So in google data studio for the above case we provide first table (the invoice data) a date range dimension of invoice date and then to the second table we provide order date as the date range dimension and similarly return date to the retrun table and when we select a date range from the slicer each chart shows the data as per its own date range. 

Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ebeery
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@rashidanwar I would really recommend the first option you proposed, creating a central date table and relating to the individual fact tables.   Having a central date/calendar table is almost always the best practice in Power BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ebeery
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@rashidanwar I would really recommend the first option you proposed, creating a central date table and relating to the individual fact tables.   Having a central date/calendar table is almost always the best practice in Power BI.

@ebeery you are righht as star schema works best in power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.