Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

suyogbi
Frequent Visitor

Single color in scatter chart legend

Hi All,

I have requirement where i need to display data in scatter chart as date wise salesamount grouped by agent.

i am added columns in chart as below,

X- Axis --> Date

Y-Axis --> Salesamount

legend --> Agent

this is showing results as expected but since i have added agent in legend it is showing multiple color,but requirement is i need to show all bubbles in single color.

i tried adding Agent in Details but it is asking to summarize Date column which is not the requirement.

Any work around to acheive this?

Thanks in Advance,

Suyog

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @suyogbi ,

Unfortunately in a Scatter Chart, you can't set Data Colours to same colour by a single click.

What you can do is, suppose you have 3-4 Agents then you can manually modify colours to same under formatting options for the chart:

Pragati11_0-1628608095175.png

This was doable at my end, as I just have 4 categories in my Legend.

If in case you want to use a custom visual, then try Bubble/Scatter Chart by Xviz. That gives you flexibility to give same colours to your bubbles:

Pragati11_0-1628609156790.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

@Pragati11 

Thank you so much for your reply.

i have 100's of agents , number will be increased on time basis, so want to avoid manual color modification.

and customer dont want to go for custom visuals.

Hi @suyogbi ,

If you can't use custom visuals, then I am not sure on how you can achieve this as Scatter plot doesn't allow to give a calculation as a colour as well.

You may have to look into some other chart rather than scatter plot chart.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.