Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

semsel
Frequent Visitor

Single Select Horizontal Slicers without a default Value

I have 2 horizontal Slicers that are connected to each other Page Category and Page Name which helps users to navigate to the rest of pages with a Go To Arrow button. I have to keep the slicers as Single Select as otherwise Page Navigation doesnt work.

I want to keep a default display like below so that users still see all available options. I could only achieve this view only with a multi select Slicer.

semsel_0-1624540743744.png

But the moment  I make any of the slicers Single Select in Power BI Desktop, it becomes like below since the first value is defaulted as I understand. This view is preventing  the user from accessing other options.How Can I achieve the first image same time using Single Select slicers? I have tried Bookmarks as suggested in many pages but didnt help as defaulting cannot be suppressed in any way. Please help.

The arrow button has the page Navigation action based on the value selected from the second slicer.

semsel_2-1624540840885.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @semsel ,

Based on my research, Power bi does not support canceling the default value of single selection.

For single selection mode, it will force to choose first one as current selection. I haven't found any option not setting default value and make it dynamic. Maybe you can vote for an idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @semsel ,

Sorry to disturb you...

But did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Stephen Tao

I was able to achive the required behaviour by keeping below settings:

Top Slicer:

Single-Select ON

Bottom slicer:

Single-Select OFF

Multi select with CTRL - ON

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @semsel ,

Based on my research, Power bi does not support canceling the default value of single selection.

For single selection mode, it will force to choose first one as current selection. I haven't found any option not setting default value and make it dynamic. Maybe you can vote for an idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.