Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Single Option Slicer

I have two different amount columns, one for cleared, one for discrepant, and I want to create a slicer to show only the records with a discrepant amount. Most of the time it's an either/or scenario, but there is a small population that has values for both.

I tried using a calculated column as a helper to drive the slicer, but then if you select the "No" option, it will remove the last line and give the wrong total for the "Cleared" column. 

Capture.PNG

And if I change the "No" to being blank, then the slicer has the "(Blank)" option, which I'd prefer not to have so as not to confuse end users.

Capture2.PNG

Ideally, the slicer would look more like this, being closer to a toggle. Is that even possible?

Capture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Sure.  Edit the visual level filter on your slicer, and set it so that it only displays values where [Discrepant?] = "Yes" 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Sure.  Edit the visual level filter on your slicer, and set it so that it only displays values where [Discrepant?] = "Yes" 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. I feel dumb.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.