Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Single Date filter selection issue

Hi All, 

we have a requirement to display single date filter option for user to select date and filter the reports accrodingly. 

Currently we see when we set single selection option either in date slicer or in filter pane, we see only drop down list and not a calendar pop out. Whereas for date slicer with betwee/after/before options we have calendar pop out option. 

Users are not happy to scroll down the list through hundreds of rows to select the date filter they want. 

Is there a custom slicer view that i can download and use? or any work around to display calnedar pop out for single date selection?

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

I have already seen the GuyintheCube's video released in May, and he is calculating each metric by passing the selected date as filter using variable. That will not work for me, as i am displaying calculated MTD measures in my report. Also, his option might impact the performance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=184&v=zhWtU0DynCk&feature=emb_title

-

Thanks

Shilpa

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please try the methods in the following blog and check if it can achieve your requirement:

Using a Single Date Picker with Conditional Filtering in Power BI

In addition, here is one similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas , you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.