Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iioannou
Helper I
Helper I

Single Date Selection

Dear Power BI,

Can you please let me know if there is option - slicer for single date selection ? We need this because we will be building reports such as Daily, MTD, YTD and we wish the user to select one single date only.

Kind regards

Ioannis Ioannou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @iioannou,

For your requirement, you need to create new calendar which not related to current table to ignore filter effect.(create relationship to new table also not allowed)

Then use new table as source of slicer, then write a measure to get selected value.

After these steps, you can use above measure as filter parameter with your calculation formulas.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
athhar
Frequent Visitor

pbiozkan
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Try using adding date to report or page level filters and select specific date.

No that not what I want but you may be able to help if you are experienced enough with Power BI as I am not.

I have this filters on top of a matrix and what I want is to basically reflect my matrix.

The problem is when I choose Day then the Matrix shows only that Day. If I disable the Day filter then it shows all for the month but I want to achive Month to Date functionality. Please let me know if you can help as it has been a while since I am trying to find a solution on this...

Capture1111.PNG

HI @iioannou,

For your requirement, you need to create new calendar which not related to current table to ignore filter effect.(create relationship to new table also not allowed)

Then use new table as source of slicer, then write a measure to get selected value.

After these steps, you can use above measure as filter parameter with your calculation formulas.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Not sure I understand but add day from date to your matrix table, not month. This way, you can see days instead of month, which is April in your visual.

Yes I have done but I want to show all the dates up to 25th ... How can I do that ? If you can help me sort this then my problem is sorted out - Basically I want to show all the days up to the 25th of April 2018 on my matrix table. Let me know if this is not clear enought.

Capture11111.PNG

You should be able to create YTD, MTD and daily calculated measures that use the same slicer.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

You are not answering though to my question. Can this be done based on what I explained and based on the screenshot ? If yes then please explain otherwise let me know so that I can go look somewhere else for an answer and Power BI professionals that can help.

Hi @iioannou

Have you tried the "Single Select" option in the slicer properties? This will only be available when in dropdown or list mode

image.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.