Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IanSwanepoel
Helper I
Helper I

Simultaneous Drilldown Control

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to controll the drilldowns of 2 matrixes simultaniously:
Capture5.PNG
The 2 matrixes are using the exact same row values the only difference between the two are the Values therein one being the monetary cost and the other being the amount of licenses consumed.
Capture4.PNG
This is a view after being fully drilled down. The issue I have is that the consumers of the report might not see the tiny controll settings for drilldown on top of the matrix, and then have to drill down both seperately every time anyway, so I checked if there isn't a custom .pbiviz to controll the drilldown from a central platform, but didn't see anything. Do you guys have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@IanSwanepoel,

Why not create a single Matrix visual, put the monetary cost and amount to Values section of the Matrix visual? This way, users only need to take drilldown operation in this single Matrix visual.

When creating two Matrix visuals, there is no option to control drilldown simultaneous as you describe.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@IanSwanepoel,

Why not create a single Matrix visual, put the monetary cost and amount to Values section of the Matrix visual? This way, users only need to take drilldown operation in this single Matrix visual.

When creating two Matrix visuals, there is no option to control drilldown simultaneous as you describe.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for the response,
Ideally I'd like to keep the two tables seperate, but for now this will have to do.

Do you know of any other way to acomplish this goal? Would one be able to create a custom visual that solves this function? Would this be in R? I don't currently know much about the custom visualization fuctionality, but would like to invest my time into learning if it will at all be value adding to my work.

Kind Regards,
Ian

IanSwanepoel
Helper I
Helper I

Has anyone else had a similar issue and can advise me as to where I need to look further?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.