cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Simple way to convert decimal number to hh:mm:ss

In our data, we attempt to get an Average Answer Time from our call data by creating a measure and taking the Total Answer Time in seconds and dividing that time by the Total Calls Answered. The end result gives us a decimal number that in Excel or Tableau we can easily convert into a hh:mm:ss format.

I've attempted to do the following:

Average Call Answer Time = FORMAT(SUM(TotalCallAnswerTime) / SUM(TotalCallsAnswered),"hh:mm:ss")

While this method words for tables and matrix's, but on my graphs I get the following error:

Error Message:
Query (16, 3) The SampleAxisWithLocalMinMax function requires Measure parameter (at argument number 5) to be a numeric column reference from the specified table.

Please assist and thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Simple way to convert decimal number to hh:mm:ss

Hi,

Your method seems not working with my sample.

Regarding to the issue of converting seconds into HHMMSS, I suggest to have a look at the article and video:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Aggregating-Duration-Time/ba-p/22486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GW6Z0-pFo

Best,
Paul

Highlighted

Re: Simple way to convert decimal number to hh:mm:ss

Thank you, I had already found this article and attempted it but it also ended in a very similar result.

It shows my already aggregated decimal number correctly in the tables and matrix but on graphs the measure won't go into the values field, only the tooltip since it comes out as text format.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors