Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JKRAUS81

Simple way to convert decimal number to hh:mm:ss

In our data, we attempt to get an Average Answer Time from our call data by creating a measure and taking the Total Answer Time in seconds and dividing that time by the Total Calls Answered. The end result gives us a decimal number that in Excel or Tableau we can easily convert into a hh:mm:ss format.

I've attempted to do the following:

Average Call Answer Time = FORMAT(SUM(TotalCallAnswerTime) / SUM(TotalCallsAnswered),"hh:mm:ss")

While this method words for tables and matrix's, but on my graphs I get the following error:

Error Message:
Query (16, 3) The SampleAxisWithLocalMinMax function requires Measure parameter (at argument number 5) to be a numeric column reference from the specified table.

Please assist and thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Your method seems not working with my sample.

Regarding to the issue of converting seconds into HHMMSS, I suggest to have a look at the article and video:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Aggregating-Duration-Time/ba-p/22486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GW6Z0-pFo

Best,
Paul

Thank you, I had already found this article and attempted it but it also ended in a very similar result.

It shows my already aggregated decimal number correctly in the tables and matrix but on graphs the measure won't go into the values field, only the tooltip since it comes out as text format.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors