Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krzysztof
Helper III
Helper III

Simple representation of the percentage in the bar chart

Hi, I need to present% share in a column chart.

1. If I click on the values in the graph and I mark "Show value as -> Percent of grand total" shows me the participation of% groups but taking into account all months and I want in a given month.

2. If I change the visualization to "100% stacked column chart" then the values are correct but the Y axis is incorrect, I want the size of the bars to show the sales volume.

1.PNG

Sample pbx

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @krzysztof 

Can you try using Line and stacked Column chart in your case.?

If the issue still exist, than would you mind in sharing your data with me?

Thanks,

Tejaswi

Hi @Anonymous , unfortunately "Line and stacked Column chart" is not appropriate. I provide you with data:

Sample pbx

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @krzysztof ,

I tried  to create a measure which Provide us the values you want. but then I noticed that since  summation of all Group percentages in each month comes out to be 100%, therefore the Stacked bar will always shows what it is showing now.

For example.  ( below screesnhot shows the % of all Group on Monday July,01

Capture 1.PNG

Therefore your stacked bar also shows the % of grand total, where grand total is always 100 %

The only correct way to show this on the graph is the top right Graph in your report.

Or you can show the Top left bar graph with DAX  Measure in a Tooltip so when a user hover over it, they will able to see the % count for each of the group in each month.

Thanks,

Tejaswi

@Anonymous So I can not get the chart that is in the picture?1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krzysztof 

What is Y-axis in your picture above?

The only way i think is somethign like this in the screesnhot below:( hover over the bar to get the %)Capture 2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.