Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ppp2021

Simple line chart not showing 0 values

Hi All,

Thank you in advance for your help. I am trying to draw a line chart with a continuous x date axis, showing the count for a specific field. Data for example:

Date               Name

10/12/2020Person A
21/12/2020Person A
22/12/2020Person A
23/12/2020Person A
24/12/2020Person A
25/12/2020Person A
26/12/2020Person A
27/12/2020Person A
28/12/2020Person A
29/12/2020Person A

When however drawing this, it seems to draw a horizontal line between 10/12 and 21/12; implying that there are no 0 values inbetween. It therefore implies that there is consistently a count of 1, for the whole date range in question. It works fine if plotting as a bar chart, with no bar showing up for those dates with no entry.

Please see the below image. Blue is what I get, and red is what I'm expecting

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ppp2021 solution attached.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ppp2021 solution attached.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Many thanks parry2k. I shall have to wait until morning as I need admin rights to upgrade to the new version 🙂

Have a great eve

Thank you again @parry2k - works perfectly 😄

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ppp2021 how you are saying it is showing in the bar chart but not in the line?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ppp2021 I'm surely missing something here, share pbix file and I will take a look.

Thank you so much @parry2k 

Here you go: here 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ppp2021 on x-axis where you put the date column, click arrow next to it and say "show items with no data" or create a measure like this and use it in the values

Measure = COUNTROWS ( Table ) + 0

Hi @parry2k , unfortunately both suggestions give me the same result as before...

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ppp2021 on format pane, for x-axis, change the type to "Categorical"

Thanks @parry2k . That looks like it's changed the axis, but it still doesn't show the missing dates between 10 Dec and 21 Dec as below

ppp2021_0-1610566870224.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ppp2021 what measure you are using for the values?

Hi @parry2k , I'm using Count of Name

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.