Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple count measure generating wrong rows values on table visual

Hello everyone, hope you're having a nice day.

I am having a very strange problem in here. To delimit the borders of the case, lets say i have a model like this:

Capturar.PNG

And with that, i want to create a simple table like this, on which i acomplish using the visual count for the employee_daily production column:

fraletti_algar_0-1605794850331.png

If i try to do exactly the same thing using a measure of this same column, with this formula:

employee_daily_production_measure = COUNT('fact_table_1'[order_created])

I got this:

Capturar2.PNG

Any idea why is this happening? This estructure is a simple example. In practical, i have + 10 fact tables with a lot of measures. Create table visuals only based on visual count/sum is not viable.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This could be caused that there have been multiple many-to-many relationships in your data model so that power bi could not distinguisih it clearly when calculating.

You can try to use bridge table to change many-to-many to one-to-many relationship or change the filter direction in many-to-many relationships to check. 

Please refer: Apply many-many relationships in Power BI Desktop 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.