Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

viera00
Helper II
Helper II

Simple Question About Drills and Visuals

Hello Everyone,

I've a simple question about the drill down functionlaity.

I've built a report using a column chart using diferent dimensions to drill down. The visualization works great, but the user is getting lost when drilling up and down, because there is no pleace where the visualization shows exaclty the drill step where you came from.

For example, imagine the following scenario, 

Dim 1 -> Dim 2 -> Dim 3

Imagine the user drills down into Dim 3 to review values, but if the user did not remember which value it selcted previously, he will not know in which Dim 1 , or Dim 2

I tried using Card with the values of Dim 1 and Dim 2, but when I drill into, the cards do not filter.

Has anyone faced something similar ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards

GV

German Viera
http://slidemodel.com/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@viera00

No solution but a workaround to use the tooltips. Eg create a measure as below ,put the measure in tooltips and drill down. You could apply this to your Dims accordingly.

year ind = year(LASTDATE(Table3[Date]))

Capture.PNG

Actually your requirement sounds reasonable, you can submit this idea and I will surely vote it up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@viera00

No solution but a workaround to use the tooltips. Eg create a measure as below ,put the measure in tooltips and drill down. You could apply this to your Dims accordingly.

year ind = year(LASTDATE(Table3[Date]))

Capture.PNG

Actually your requirement sounds reasonable, you can submit this idea and I will surely vote it up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.