Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ACI_Data
Resolver I
Resolver I

Simple Image visual: selection error

Hi,

I am using the visual Simple Image. Now this is how the image and slicer look

with selectionwith selection

As you can see I have selected a premise and you can see a picture of the premise (right picture) where I used the Simple Image visual. Normally the visual on the left (which is a Image Element) is positioned behind the Simple Image visual. This was my solution for the problem and what worked the last couple of days. If selected then the Simple Image visual shows the picture of the selected premise, if not selected then the visual Simple Image is empty and Image Element shows the picture of the customers headquarter. For the sake of my question I put the 2 visuals next to each other.

I don't know why, but now Simple Image does this.

without selectionwithout selection

I have not selected anything and yet I get the picture of the premise. It doesn't matter what premise I select, the moment I clear my selection I get the picture of the premise. I made my report this week and I had no issue with Simple Image visual until today.

I have been doing some trial and error and found something.

The database is a file in Sharepoint and this is how the table looks (a part of it)

tabletable

Now I created a fake premise with an ID, but no URL. This is what Simple Image shows. I turned on Alt text.

simple image no selection & with alt textsimple image no selection & with alt text

It seems that Simple Image shows the image of the premise "test" but I don't know why. In the beginning I didn't had all the links of all the pictures and now it seems as if Simple Image shows the picture of the first row that doesn't have an URL. 

Does anyone know why or has a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ACI_Data
Resolver I
Resolver I

okey seeing where the problem comes from I solved it this way. Maybe this will help another person.

In my datasource I added in Excel a row with an ID and Pand, but no URL. In Excel I hid the row, so that the customer won't see it. In Power BI it works exactly as I wanted. In BI the Simple Image visual was actually visualizing that row, but it doesn't have an URL. Simple Image is then empty and shows the picture of the headquarter. Below some pictures

This is how I made the row in the Excel database.

The hided row in ExcelThe hided row in Excel

This is how it is and what I want. No selection and you see the Image Element picture of the headquarter

Simple Image without selectionSimple Image without selection

Now I made the same selection as the first time. You don't see the picture of the headquarter, which is behind the Simple Image visual.

Simple Image with selectionSimple Image with selection

It is behind the visual by going in BI to Format > Selection. You select the visual that needs to be at the front and move it up or down (selection orderselection order) In my case I wanted the "Image panden" which is the Simple Image to be higher then the "Image begin" which is the Image Element.

Maybe there are more solutions. Feel free to share them here. The solution I gave worked for me 😄

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ACI_Data
Resolver I
Resolver I

okey seeing where the problem comes from I solved it this way. Maybe this will help another person.

In my datasource I added in Excel a row with an ID and Pand, but no URL. In Excel I hid the row, so that the customer won't see it. In Power BI it works exactly as I wanted. In BI the Simple Image visual was actually visualizing that row, but it doesn't have an URL. Simple Image is then empty and shows the picture of the headquarter. Below some pictures

This is how I made the row in the Excel database.

The hided row in ExcelThe hided row in Excel

This is how it is and what I want. No selection and you see the Image Element picture of the headquarter

Simple Image without selectionSimple Image without selection

Now I made the same selection as the first time. You don't see the picture of the headquarter, which is behind the Simple Image visual.

Simple Image with selectionSimple Image with selection

It is behind the visual by going in BI to Format > Selection. You select the visual that needs to be at the front and move it up or down (selection orderselection order) In my case I wanted the "Image panden" which is the Simple Image to be higher then the "Image begin" which is the Image Element.

Maybe there are more solutions. Feel free to share them here. The solution I gave worked for me 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.