Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpack
Frequent Visitor

Simple IBCS Bar Chart

Hey everyone,

i want to create a simple Bar Chart with Actual and Plan like this

DC77D76D-680A-4463-B187-2C394C0DBE80.jpeg

It seems That there is no way to make a white Bar with a black border. It is only possible to set the Color of the Bar. I Use a Live Connection to analysis Services. So i cannot use any Modeling options.

It would be Great if anyone can help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@dpack 

To help improve Power BI, you may leave a comment and vote this idea up.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@dpack 

To help improve Power BI, you may leave a comment and vote this idea up.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @dpack,

If you're looking to do IBCS-compliant charts, I suggest you have a look at Zebra BI in the custom visuals Marketplace - it is a commercial custom visual but the convenience trade-off is worth the cost IMHO, particularly as it's the only IBCS-certified visual that Power BI has and they are the gold standard for financial reporting. They have more information over on their website if you wish to know more. They offer a 30 day free trial so you can see if it suits your needs.

If you're not looking to purchase a license, but can afford the time to explore, it's possible that you could use Charticulator to design it (the trade-off being that not all Power BI features are present in exported visuals), or you can look into developing a custom visual (but this is a time-expensive and skill-intensive option).

Good luck!

Daniel

If my post helps, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

dpack
Frequent Visitor

I prefer TrueChart, if I would pay for a tool. Because in True Chart are many more Options to make a perfect IBCS Report than in Zebra.

My goal now is to find out how fare I can go with the on Board tools. I cannot believe that it is not possible to make a border around a bar.

I have tried Charticulator but the output cannot use a Dimension from a cube in the Axis. I don't know why.

Thanks for your reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.