Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith011
Helper III
Helper III

Simple Dynamic Chart Title

Hello There!

I have been searching for the solution everywhere and the cases that I found is too complex. Well, mine is much more straightforward and simple but I just can't figure it out!

I have a survey Pie Chart and the data looks something like this: .. very simple

Keith011_0-1660031164116.png

Now, I visualized it in power bi in a Pie Chart. I want the title of this pie chart to change dynamically base on which survey question i select. Like in this below screen shot, I'd want the chart title to change dynamically and be "The topics discussed in this meeting are relevant to my.......". and for the next survey, the chart title would change as well base on the question.

Keith011_1-1660031295827.png

Everyone's solution is too complex whereby they are solving dynamic chart title base on slicer or filter etc... but mine is more simpler. No filter No slicer, just dynamically change chart title base on what i select in the legend element of the chart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Keith011 ,

Being your values in a table that each column is a question best option is to unpivot the values of the columns and then use the values of the table to filter the charts, then create a measure like:

Chart Name = SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Question])

Now use this has the name of the chart in the options.

Check an example below:

MFelix_0-1660404393569.png

PBIX file attach.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Keith011 ,

Being your values in a table that each column is a question best option is to unpivot the values of the columns and then use the values of the table to filter the charts, then create a measure like:

Chart Name = SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Question])

Now use this has the name of the chart in the options.

Check an example below:

MFelix_0-1660404393569.png

PBIX file attach.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
November 2022 Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.