Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AdamTass1
Helper I
Helper I

Simple Aggregation of Value by Column

This account’s investable balance should return the following: 9/30/2018 = $64.90, 10/31/2018 = $100 & 11/30/2018 = $100. As you can see the investable balance is summed through each cycle date. Please advise how to calculate the balance by the column. 

1.png2.png

5 REPLIES 5
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I'm not sure if I understand what you ask for.

But maybe you, this will already help (I assume the wrong values are displayed in the Power BI visual).

If you have a dedicated Calendar table in your Power BI model and use this table in the Power BI visual for the columns, check if there is a relationship between both tables.

If you are not familiar with relationships, check this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships

Create a relationship with the Calendar table on the one side and the other table on the many side. Use the columns from the Calendar table for column headers.

If this does not do the trick, you may have to consider to upload the pbix file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,

Tom 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

My appologies - I should have explained the scenario better. You are correct, the wrong values are in the PBI visual. The correct values are in the pivot table.

The column in the PBI visual is a field from the data set called Cycle Date which acts as an effective date.

I created a dedicated calendar table in my PBI model & used that table in the PBI matrix for the column  as there is a relationship between both tables in my model.

The PBI visual continues to return the same values as previously provided.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can  you check the direction of the relationship from the Calendar table to whatever table is producing these numbers?  Generally when you see the same number repeated like that it's usually a relationship issue. 

Also, can you post the measure formula for the figures?

Hi @AdamTass1,

If it is convenient, please share some data sample which could reproduce your scenario and your desired output so that I can copy and test with it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Cherry,

Unfortunetly I'm unable to provide sample data for testing purposes.

I assumed that the screengrabs that I provided could be used as a sample. The PBI visual displaying the incorrect values & the pivot table displaying the correct values....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors