Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

askpcguy

Sign-in was successful but you don't have permission to this resource

I have an Azure Active Directory guest account and a Power BI workspace is shared with me. I was able to access reports from this workspace until today, where I am getting a message which says:

You don't have access to this.

Your Sign-in was successful but you don't have permission to this resource.

There is an option to sign out and sign in with a different account.

More details incorrectly calls my device Windows 10 but I have Windows 11.

There are other co-workers who also have AAD guest accounts and can access Power BI reports/dashboards without any problems.

I have tried to sign out, sign in again. Tried using MS Edge incognito mode, tried using the google chrome browser but everything leads to this Don't have access message.

I can sign in to Power BI on the website but there are no shared workspaces or anything under "Shared with me"

My co-workers are checking my access and everything is setup as expected, so I am really lost as to what else can be done here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @askpcguy 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Do you mean that you have permission to this workspace before and can access it normally? But you can't visit today? If so, 

(1) First, please check your license,

vxiaotang_0-1653031801802.png

(2) then please check if the link points to apps, dashboards, reports

Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vxiaotang_1-1653032022206.png

(3) >>I can sign in to Power BI on the website but there are no shared workspaces or anything under "Shared with me"

The way to view the shared content is that your organization shares the tenant url with you, and you log in to the url to view the shared content.

vxiaotang_3-1653032407472.png

(4) Of course, you can also let your organization share the report with you again. There are two methods. One is to click the link in the email, or to ask your organization to add you to the security group.

vxiaotang_2-1653032174720.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @askpcguy 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Do you mean that you have permission to this workspace before and can access it normally? But you can't visit today? If so, 

(1) First, please check your license,

vxiaotang_0-1653031801802.png

(2) then please check if the link points to apps, dashboards, reports

Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vxiaotang_1-1653032022206.png

(3) >>I can sign in to Power BI on the website but there are no shared workspaces or anything under "Shared with me"

The way to view the shared content is that your organization shares the tenant url with you, and you log in to the url to view the shared content.

vxiaotang_3-1653032407472.png

(4) Of course, you can also let your organization share the report with you again. There are two methods. One is to click the link in the email, or to ask your organization to add you to the security group.

vxiaotang_2-1653032174720.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiaotang thank you for the reply!

I just checked today and found the dashboards are working again. We did have others that are also using an external account to the organization also have this Power BI problem, so I believe the problem was being looked at internally.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.