Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sigma symbol is missing, I can't summarize

Hello.

I don't know what is happening. I can't summarize any column, sigma symbol is missing and I have summarize option selected. Does anyone have an idea how I can make the symbol appear so I can summarize?

These columns are number types and still sigma symbol is missing.

Superior.png

Lateral.png

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

@bergerlu Thank you very much for teaching me that, I was disturbed not knowing why sigma symbol disappeared.

@PaulDBrown I thought that somehow the fact that it was in measure increased the loading time a bit and I wanted to decrease it.

Highlighted

sh*t, ok finally an explanation, THANKS for the insight:  if you use calculation groups no more implicit measures (sigma symbol)

Highlighted

I encountered the same issue. So I can no longer drag a (previous) sigma symbol data value into the value field of a matrix or a watefall after I experimented with Calculation Group. 

Is there a way to undo this? I get that this is due to the DiscourageImplicitMeasures being set to false. Is there an option to revert back? 

Highlighted

@dharsanj you have to remove every calculation group created before and then change property Discourage Implicit Measures.

discourage.png

Highlighted

Thanks. That worked. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors