Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AKF75
Regular Visitor

Sigma Symbol on Fields: On desktop but not on the online version.

A noob here, but hopfuelly this makes sense.  Using the same data set, on the desktop version I have a sigma symbol next to one of the fields; however on the online version it is not appearing.  I therefore can obtain average of that field on the desktop in the visualization tab, but I am unable to on the online version. 

Am I missing something?  I presume the same data set should present itself to the software the same way?

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AKF75,

Filed wit sigma symbol means it is value field. Based on your description, it seems like the service can't analysis this field.

I test on my side, it can be analysed on service side. Can you share some detail content of your issue and provide the sample pbix file to test?

E.g. datasource type, connect mode,calculated column or normal column, etc...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks.  The file is in excel.  The column that won't work is a shipping cost.   I have tried different formats for the data column in the editor but the only way I can get the sigma to show up is to open the saved desktop version on the online program. 

Please refer to the below post and see if it is of any help in your case.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Default-sum-Sigma/td-p/28461

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.