Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Showing zero values?

Hi!

So I have this chart (left)

And I want it to show 0% for the blank values.

The measure formula is:

Discrepancy Percent =
 CALCULATE (
  DISTINCTCOUNT('! NEW DISCREPANCY REPORT Last Month'[Discrepancy Bis IDs])/DISTINCTCOUNT('! NEW ALL 401 OPEN Last Month'[Submission Bis IDs]))

and I tried adding +0 on the end but ended up with this (right)

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Charlie! I figured out the issue was with one of my tables with the FSS and District fields.  I used your formula after correcting and it worked! Thanks!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of using the "/" operator to divide, try using DAX's DIVIDE(numerator, denominator, 0) in your existing formula. This will give you an actual zero-value instead of BLANK() if the denominator is zero.

For more information:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj677276.aspx

This didn't work either.  I used:

Discrepancy Percent =
 DIVIDE(
  DISTINCTCOUNT('! NEW DISCREPANCY REPORT Last Month'[Discrepancy Bis IDs]),DISTINCTCOUNT('! NEW ALL 401 OPEN Last Month'[Submission Bis IDs]),0)

but it still shows as blank:Capture.JPG

For District 11, for example, ALyssa has 0 discrepancies and 16 submissions.  Should be 0/16. And should show as 0% on the report.

@SaganBigRedDog,

Could you please create two measures to test the result?

measure 1 = DISTINCTCOUNT('! NEW DISCREPANCY REPORT Last Month'[Discrepancy Bis IDs])

measure 2 = DISTINCTCOUNT('! NEW ALL 401 OPEN Last Month'[Submission Bis IDs])

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie,

I get the same thing using this.  Here is what it looks like with the measures and disc % set to Disc % = DIVIDE([measure 1],[measure 2],0)

capture with measures.JPG

@SaganBigRedDog,

I have tested it on my local, we can use ISBLANK function to display 0 if the value is blank.

Measure = IF(ISBLANK(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[Column1])),0,DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[Column1]))

Capture.PNG

You can use the DAX below for you first measure.

measure 1 = IF(ISBLANK(DISTINCTCOUNT('! NEW DISCREPANCY REPORT Last Month'[Discrepancy Bis IDs])),0,DISTINCTCOUNT('! NEW DISCREPANCY REPORT Last Month'[Discrepancy Bis IDs]))

If the issue persists, please provide us some sample data, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Thanks, Charlie! I figured out the issue was with one of my tables with the FSS and District fields.  I used your formula after correcting and it worked! Thanks!!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

maybe do a check to see if its blank first? but i am not sure if that creates the same issue

test =
IF (
ISBLANK (
CALCULATE (
DISTINCTCOUNT ( '! NEW DISCREPANCY REPORT Last Month'[Discrepancy Bis IDs] )
/ DISTINCTCOUNT ( '! NEW ALL 401 OPEN Last Month'[Submission Bis IDs] )
)
),
CALCULATE (
DISTINCTCOUNT ( '! NEW DISCREPANCY REPORT Last Month'[Discrepancy Bis IDs] )
/ DISTINCTCOUNT ( '! NEW ALL 401 OPEN Last Month'[Submission Bis IDs] )
)
)

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi,

Yes, it created the same issue.

Technically, those blank records are "0%" values.

ANy idea how to resolve?test.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.