Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sridevi
Helper I
Helper I

Showing %sign in the data label(contains decimal value) in chart?

Hi,

I am trying to display the data lables along with %sign value in my visualization charts.

I have Discount and Margin data columns in my table. Both data columns data type format mentioned as Decimal. I am trying to show my data(decimal numbers) along with %symbol.

I used % symbol in modelling option but after applying this, my data format has been changed as below.

Example:

Average Discount = 8.40

After applying % format, my discount price format has been changed as 840.29%. Because my data has been multiplied by 100. Moreover Discount data has been fetched from my csv sheet. Its not my new measure. I need to show my data as 8.40% instead of 840.2%

Could you please anyone guide me how can I resolve this issue in power bi.

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@sridevi

In this scenario, you can create another calculate column and format the digits of percentage of this new created column. See my sample below:

I assume you have a table called MyTestTable like below.

table.PNG

1. Create a new calculate column like below.

cc.PNG

2. Apply % format for the new created column and show it in the report.

p.PNGreport.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

@sridevi

In this scenario, you can create another calculate column and format the digits of percentage of this new created column. See my sample below:

I assume you have a table called MyTestTable like below.

table.PNG

1. Create a new calculate column like below.

cc.PNG

2. Apply % format for the new created column and show it in the report.

p.PNGreport.PNG

Regards

Thanks a lot @v-ljerr-msft. Now its working fine as per your suggestion.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards

Sridevi

Hi,

I am trying to show %symbol along with my data lable in chart. I have data label as Decimal format which I fetched it from my CSV sheet. Its not my own measure value.

Example:

I want to show discount data with % symbol. Discount data is decimal format value. I have imported this data from my CSV sheet.

If I apply % symbol from Modelling for this particular column the format of the data has been changed as below.

Average discount displayed as 890.34% instead of 8.90%. My default data value as 8.90 but I want to add %symbol in my data.

I belive my data has been multiplied by 100 while applying % symbol in my data by automatically.

Could you please anyone suggest me how to add %symbol in my data labels. If I use %symbol builtin function from Modelling then my format of data was being displayed wrongly.

Could you please anyone resolve my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @sridevi

This community post will help you to achieve the desired result.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.