Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cacaff
Employee
Employee

Showing percentage values in visuals

Hello,

I have a simple excel spreadsheet that I've imported in BI.  I have a column of percentages in my excel sheet (no calculations) that are showing up in BI as either negative numbers or in decimals.  I cannot seem to it get it to show the percentage sign.  For example 40% is showing up as .40.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Click on the field name in the Fields list on the right of the PBI Desktop screen, then select the Modelling ribbon at the top.

You should now see under the Formatting section a percent sign. Select that to get PBI to show a percent sign after your data value. If it's disabled, make sure that the data type is set to a number.

View solution in original post

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Select the Field and then... 

Format.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Click on the field name in the Fields list on the right of the PBI Desktop screen, then select the Modelling ribbon at the top.

You should now see under the Formatting section a percent sign. Select that to get PBI to show a percent sign after your data value. If it's disabled, make sure that the data type is set to a number.

Thanks very much for both responses!!!

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Select the Field and then... 

Format.png

ndna74
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Do you know why this functionality in the "modelling" tab and not in edit queries ?

Thanks

Nick

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.