Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

istik
Frequent Visitor

Showing percentage and number values in visuals at the same time

Hello

I'm trying to showing percentages and number at the same time in my visual,

ex:  88.15% (100 000)

or: 100 000 ( 88.15%)

but I tried many different visuals and I did not make it.

Do you have any ideas?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @istik,

According to the sample data in your screenshot and based on my test, we will need to create a calculated column in the original table and make the values in the calculated column display as 100 000 ( 88.15%) or 88.15% (100 000) format. Please note that after creating the calculated column, we can only drag it into Table visual in order to show the values properly(as shown in the following screenshot). As the calculated column is text type, in other visuals, it will be counted.
Capture111.PNG

For more details about how to create a calculated column in your scenario, you can check the example in the attached PBIX file.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tejasvi_munge
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

There is no perfect solution for this. However, few workarounds which you can try using Grid/Matrix visual-

1. Concatenate two columns containing values and percentage.

2. Merge two columns in query editor using required delimiter.

3. Pull the required columns in the grid and do the formatting such that it looks like they belong to same column, for instance column shown in below image -

Reply.PNG

Regards,

Tejasvi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This would be very interesting, is there any new functionnality to achieve that ?

Best regards,

Benjamin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This would be very interesting, is there any new functionnality to achieve that ?

Best regards,

Benjamin

adanyoshimoto
Regular Visitor

Hi, I think i have the same problem, did you get the solution for this problem?

you solved it? I tried using solutions here, but nothing worked perfectly....

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @istik,

According to the sample data in your screenshot and based on my test, we will need to create a calculated column in the original table and make the values in the calculated column display as 100 000 ( 88.15%) or 88.15% (100 000) format. Please note that after creating the calculated column, we can only drag it into Table visual in order to show the values properly(as shown in the following screenshot). As the calculated column is text type, in other visuals, it will be counted.
Capture111.PNG

For more details about how to create a calculated column in your scenario, you can check the example in the attached PBIX file.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Power BI provides a better solution to calcuate % automatically and you can show these in your tooltips quickly

Please refer to below. I have placed a staked chart and put Sales mearure in Value as well as in Tooltip. Now its showing sales two time in tooltips.

tooltip1.png

Next do a right click in Tooltip section on Sales and go to Quick Calc Option.

click.png
Now change the Show Valu as to Percentage as below

precentabe.png

It will conver the tooltip to show as % of GT.

final.png

Hope this will resolve your problem.

Nhallquist
Helper V
Helper V

My initial thought is do to something with the Tooltip.  I'm assuming that the goal of the graph is to find the exception, a category that is, maybe, under 90%.  If you use the Tooltip, you can allow users to browse the graph with less clutter, then hover over and get the context of the additional info.  something like the image below.

Dual Values.JPG

You can accomplish this by adding a measure, as seen below.

Tooltip PBI.JPG

Nate

thanks for the reply, yes I can add a tootips, but I want to know if there any way to show the % and values at the same time

like 90%(1 000 000)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.