Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

key_to
Advocate I
Advocate I

Showing number of employees from last month (dynamic)

Hello,

I am trying to show the number of employees in previous month. I came up with the following formula. I tested each variable separately. 

Var lastmonth works and gives me the number of previous month (If I filter for october it shows 9, if I filter for april it shows 3 etc)

Var _activelastmonth gives me the number of employees in current month if I skip the statement "&& 'Fact_Employee overview'[Date]=lastmonth". However when I include the statement, I get blank result. I wonder how I can make these two variables connect. 

'Fact_Employee overview'[Date] has a relationship to a date table to column DimDate[Date]

Currently my formula looks like this: 

Permanent employees previous month =
var lastmonth= MAX(DimDate[Month])-1
VAR _activelastmonth =
    SUMMARIZE (
        FILTER (
            'Fact_Employee overview',(
            'Fact_Employee overview'[Employee Class]="Permanent"
            &&
           Not(CONTAINSSTRING('Fact_Employee overview'[Company],"NBRE"))
           &&
            CONTAINSSTRING( 'Fact_Employee overview'[Business Unit],"NBIM")
             && OR('Fact_Employee overview'[Employee Status]="Active",CONTAINSSTRING('Fact_Employee overview'[Employee Status],"Leave"))
             && 'Fact_Employee overview'[Date]=lastmonth
            )
        ),
        'Fact_Employee overview'[SuccessFactor ID])
VAR result =
    COUNTROWS ( _activelastmonth )
RETURN
    result

Thankfull for any help! 
2 REPLIES 2
key_to
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi! Unfortunately your message does not appear in english and I am not able to read it. 

v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@key_to

Based on your description, your formula doesn't seem to be wrong. I think it may not apply to your specific data. Can you provide your data so that we can better assist you?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.