Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hatahetahmad
Helper I
Helper I

Showing multiple measures in columns but not alternativly.

Hello to all you good people.

So I have a matrix with drill down showing this year measure, and I have one for last year. 

In my columns under companies names I put the current year measure, then when I add last year each company has two columns with each measure.

Can I show them like all companies under them current year values, then another set of the companies with last year values?

I tried:

1. convert columns to rows (Not my goal to show values in rows)

2. Add manual measure table contains measures names, then add the measures name as column above company names (didn't work either)

Showed like this:

YTD                             YTD LY

com1    |    com2     ||     com1   |    com2

YTD     LY   YTD     LY   YTD     LY   YTD     LY

I want like this

com1    |    com2     ||     com1   |    com2

YTD                            YTD LY

3. I searched for custom visual but no luck.

Any Ideas 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

One idea is to just use two adjacent matrices (one for each measure with company as columns), and change the format/settings of the one of the right to make it appear like it's one table.  Haven't tried it so not sure how well that would work out, but worth trying.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Unfortunately, It'd work if there is no drill down, But if we can sync the two tables I believe it'd work.

hi  @hatahetahmad 

To my knowledge, It could not achieve in power bi for now.

If you want to use this workaround, you need to drill down two visual separately.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.