Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kmcallister
Frequent Visitor

Showing information only on certain day of week

Hi,

I have a requirement to show data only on a monday of each week. Basically, I want a crosstab (table) that will show the upcoming weeks goals/targets, but I then want to not show this for the rest of the week. 

My thought is to create a Today function and then join that back to my target table, but im not exactly sure how that would work. Since PBI does not have the concept of Show/Hide like tabluea, I'm ok with displaying a blank table for 6 days. Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this? 

Also, We're using PBRS so there will be no interaction from the end user (For example entering a parameter). 

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think that would work, but the issue is that i have a table to display this information. I was able to figure out a hack to this...

On my Target/Goals table, I created a measure to calcualte today's date (Format(Date, "MMMM")) to get day of the week (IE. Monday, Tuesday, Etc.). I then created another table with Monday as the only value. I joined Monday to the date format column. I then created a dashboard filter and selected Monday. This allows me to hide the table on every other day that is not monday.  

Probably not the best solution, but it works

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I'm assuming you're showing some measure(s) in your tables, what you could try is to use an IF function in conjunction with it, something like:

NewMeasure = if(weekday(today())=2,[oldmeasure],blank())

which should retain the value of your existing measure if it's Monday and show a blank otherwise

I think that would work, but the issue is that i have a table to display this information. I was able to figure out a hack to this...

On my Target/Goals table, I created a measure to calcualte today's date (Format(Date, "MMMM")) to get day of the week (IE. Monday, Tuesday, Etc.). I then created another table with Monday as the only value. I joined Monday to the date format column. I then created a dashboard filter and selected Monday. This allows me to hide the table on every other day that is not monday.  

Probably not the best solution, but it works

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.