Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rachel65
Regular Visitor

Showing data points on line graph

Hello,

Currently my line graph is just a simple line so when there is data missing it is hard to tell because the line connects between the two points, I would like to see the data points like this picture below that i found on the power BI website explaining new features but i am unble to figure out how to do this.

Thank you

e10b88fa-c277-4a2f-8da1-31c6939f2149.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rachel65,

You may take a look at the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Where-is-the-quot-Show-Marker-quot-in-the-Line-Chart/td-p/2...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Perhaps a clustered column chart (left) would work better for you in this situation (although I don't see any missing data in the example you showed) ?

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps

David

Hi David,

A column chart does work a lot better and show the data more clearly.

Thanks for this suggestion!

Still not sure why i wasnt able to get the points in the line graph but I guess I don't need that anymore!

@rachel65,

You may take a look at the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Where-is-the-quot-Show-Marker-quot-in-the-Line-Chart/td-p/2...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Christann
Helper IV
Helper IV

Try going to the format section, under Shapes change Show Marker to On.

linepoint.JPG

Nope doesnt seem to be there 😞 Is it possible that the function isnt avaible because I have too much data?

In this graph power BI says it is automatically binning my data so maybe that is the problem.

Capture powerbi.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.