Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

magus
Helper I
Helper I

Showing data by day without any limit

Hello!

Hope you are doing fine 🙂

Firstly I have to tell you that I am a very begginer in Power Bi and DAX, mainly working with Visualizations applying "tricks" that I learnt from Youtube. 

I am currently working on a report which shows the performance evolution of a specific department in my company. I have data since January till today and the idea is to upload the report weekly.

I want to show the evolution day by day in Line Chart. My data format is DD/MM/YYYY. When I place the Date on Axis I have the option to select the data showing by year, trimestre, month and day. The problem is that when I choose the day, somehow the chart shows me only one month (30 days aprox). I have no idea where this "grouping" is activated, I cannot see the option to disable it.

Same happens when I wanted to show data by week (in Edit Query I just created a column "Week" using formula Week of month), the chart showed me up to 5 weeks, so data from one month only.

Could anyone help me how to fix it? 🙂

Many thanks in advance,

Magus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi  @magus 

Yes, please chick "Expand all down one level in the hierarchy"

8.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @magus 

For your case, you need to use drill mode in the visual as below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-drill

Just use expand all fields in the drill mode

1.JPG

Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks for your answer, nut unfortunately I can drill the data down only to the day level, and the option expand drill at once is not available 😞

Magus

HI  @magus 

Why "the option expand drill at once is not available" in your report?

and you may also try 

Show items with no data in Power BI

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-show-items-no-data

Regards,

Lin

Hello CST,

The only option I see are the following:

Drill up / drill down

Go to the net level to the hierarchy

Expand all down one level in the hierarchy

example.PNG

hi  @magus 

Yes, please chick "Expand all down one level in the hierarchy"

8.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Hello,

It worked! Thanks a lot!!

Magus

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In the date hierarchy if you cross or drill to day level that will group at day witch can be from 1-31 only. (data will be grouped on unique axis values)

You can right-click on the date Hierarchy and choose the date option and this will show the actual date trend and you can any number or date.

Hello,

THank you very much for your answer.

I right clicked on Data Hierarchy but I cannot find the option of data trend. Could you guide me where I can find it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.