Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lia_viegas
Regular Visitor

Showing complete and grouped data in the same chart

Hello,

Another newbie question. I have this kind of data:

ID

Group

Store

Note

a

d

a

d

a

d

a

d

a

d

a

f

a

f

a

f

a

f

b

g

b

g

b

g

b

g

b

g

b

g

b

h

b

h

b

h

b

h

b

h

c

i

c

i

c

i

c

i

c

i

c

j

c

j

c

j

c

j

c

j

I need to create a chart where I can present a bar/line with the mean of all note subjects, a bar/line with the data grouped by Group and one with data grouped by Store. The Store and Group have to be selected by filter and the chart will be something like this:

exp.png

Maybe the data will be displayed in line by date, but the idea is always to present Total, Group and Store.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Lia

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lia_viegas,

I not clear how did you create the total bar, in you sample file it doesn't contains the total item(bar/line chart current not support shows the total value) Can you provide something detailed?

>>I need to create a chart where I can present a bar/line with the mean of all note subjects, a bar/line with the data grouped by Group and one with data grouped by Store. The Store and Group have to be selected by filter

For your requirement, you can simply use clustered column chart to achieve your requirement.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello, @v-shex-msft,

sorry if i'm not clear in explain it to you - English is not my first language.

The total Bar is the data that would appear in the graph if we had no filters at all - in my example, the mean of the note from all subjects. I created that graph in excel, manually, as I have no idea how to do it in Power Bi. From your answer I understand it's impossible, is it right?

I tried clustering, but it does not present the data together as I showed in the image I used as example. Or I see the Group, or I see the store. I need to show them together because my client thinks it's the best way to compare a single store and the group where it is.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my terrible English

Hi @lia_viegas,

Current bar/column chart not suport total value and multiple labels. Perhaps you can try to manual summary the above table and show the merged value.

Table = 
var temp=SUMMARIZE(Sheet2,Sheet2[Group],"Item",CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Sheet2[Store]),[Store],","),"Total",SUM(Sheet2[Note]))
return
UNION(temp,ROW("Group","Total","Item","Total","Total",SUMX(temp,[Total])))

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.