Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBi1234
Helper I
Helper I

Showing all the entries inside a SharePoint Multiple line of text which have append changes enabled

I have the following field inside my sharepoint list:-

paint.png

inside sharepoint view when we click on an item we can view all the entires inside the above field along with the date and the username.. but if we link the list with power bi then is there a way to view all the entries (as in the sharepoint view case)? currently only the latest entry will apear inside power bi report.

8 REPLIES 8
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are moving into Version History territory here. Probably need to use HTTP API calls to retrieve versions.

Can you advice more on how i can do this?

Thanks

@lbendlin  thanks for the link, this shows how to extract the entities when exporting the items inside excel.. but not how to show the entities inside power bi..

Not sure I understand.  You make the web call in Power Query.

http://your site/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?XMLDATA=1&List={list id}&View={view id}&RowLimit=0&IncludeVersions=TRUE

and then interpret the XML 

@lbendlin Thanks for the info, but can you please advice how/where we need to add the api call?

Use the Web URL connector ( "Web.Contents()"  ) as you would for any other URL.

@lbendlin could you please provide a link or some docs on how i can do so?  thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.