Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shivapersad
Regular Visitor

Showing all text stored in a Sharepoint Text Column with "Append Changes to existing text" enabled

Good day,

I currently have two text columns with "Append Changes to existing text" turned on in a Sharepoint List. I created a Power BI report to display information related to the list inclusive of those two text columns. However, when I display the text columns in a table I am not seeing the text stored. When I view the Item in Sharepoint the text is there. How can I get the text stored and display it in Power BI? Thanks for any assistance with this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shivapersad ,

Based on my research, We can make a web call as explained in this post(Reply 13 and 16) in order to retrieve version history.

8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for taking the time to read my issue and propose a solution. I'll try this approach and if it works I'll mark it as the solution.

Hi @shivapersad ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lid-msft. Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, I didn't apply your suggested solution to my problem in Power BI. The requirement for "Append Changes" to the text field was no longer required and as such I wasn't able to test your proposed solution with this project. However, I'll probably do my own test Sharepoint site and try it out when I get some time to see if it works. Thanks again for your assistance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.