Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Showing a unit count alongside or in a table

Hi can someone with experience explain the headache of using wide tables and displaying a unit count i have always used cards for displaying a unit count and I have to turn off visual level filters and display page level filters but this way gives me incorrect values at times. I am thinking to use unit count in the table visual as a extra column and go back to using visual level filters 

p.s. have too many fields to use slicers.  Sometimes need to display a sum instead of count as there are cancellations and sales and need to sum them up.

can someone breakdown for me the best ways of using what I have described above.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@akhaliq7 you don't have to put the unit count in the table, just in the visual level filter.
In general if you want to filter a specific visual so you have:
1. Visual level filters
2. Slicer the you edit to interact only with that visual
3. Specific measures that you put in this visual that uses calculate to modify their filter context in it's not affecting other measures / visuals.

Hope that helps. 

2022-05-19 17_30_22-Re_ Need help on DAX function with measure vs colu... - Microsoft Power BI Commu.png

Full-Logo11.png

SpartaBI_3-1652115470761.png   SpartaBI_1-1652115142093.png   SpartaBI_2-1652115154505.png

Showcase Report – Contoso By SpartaBI

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @akhaliq7 ;

Is your problem solved? If so, kindly mark the  reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

so i want to show the unit count to the user, that is why putting it in the visual level filter won't be the solution for me,

I need a way so that I can show the unit count in the most dynamic/accurate way with also having a wide table on the page. Visual level filters I can use but I need to know where I can place the unit count in the table or in a seperate visual. As uf you put it in a seperate visual you then need to turn on page level filters and hide the visual level filters for the unit count to work

@akhaliq7 so creare a slicer like option 2 and put there the unit and by chaning it, it will filter the visual. If you don't succeed then please share the PBIX file + more info there (hard coded in text box) to what you need.

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I can't use slicers as I have over 100 fields I need to filter. I can't share the pbix file as it is my works report. I was thinking maybe someone with experience can share their thoughts on what is the best possible way to tackle this problem

ok, in this case I need your file to see what exactly do you mean, but maybe someone else could figure it out without. If no one replies here for few hours I suggest you open a new question, better chances to get answer from someone new like that.

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

No I cannot share my file sorry, yes I have opened a new question thanks for your suggestions

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@akhaliq7 you don't have to put the unit count in the table, just in the visual level filter.
In general if you want to filter a specific visual so you have:
1. Visual level filters
2. Slicer the you edit to interact only with that visual
3. Specific measures that you put in this visual that uses calculate to modify their filter context in it's not affecting other measures / visuals.

Hope that helps. 

2022-05-19 17_30_22-Re_ Need help on DAX function with measure vs colu... - Microsoft Power BI Commu.png

Full-Logo11.png

SpartaBI_3-1652115470761.png   SpartaBI_1-1652115142093.png   SpartaBI_2-1652115154505.png

Showcase Report – Contoso By SpartaBI

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.