Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing Average values per row along with date dimension

Hello all,

I have this scenario ,  where in i want to display the average unitprice by row with date dimension...

what i have is: 

DateItemUnit price
01-05-2018Item110
01-08-2018Item112
01-05-2018Item212
01-08-2018Item214

what i want is an Average price in all rows for each specific items as below:

as we can see Item1 has two entries on 2 different dates and their cost is 10 + 12, and 2 entries hence 22/2 = 11

,hence averaging out to 11

DateItemUnit priceAveragePrice
01-05-2018Item11011
01-08-2018Item11211
01-05-2018Item21213
01-08-2018Item21413

Please help ...

Warm regards,

Malav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Refer :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculate-Average-per-category/td-p/362637

Or

Calculate(Avergae(table[unit price]),allexcept(table[item]))

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Refer :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculate-Average-per-category/td-p/362637

Or

Calculate(Avergae(table[unit price]),allexcept(table[item]))

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.