Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show when either or both columns are greater than a value

Hello, 

I have two columns with different values and I am trying to filter it so that I can only see the rows when the amount of both or either is greater than 5000. 

I am trying to create a slicer or a visual filter. 

For example on the following table, I just want to see the rows in green. 

CreditDebit

Basically, if the sum of both is greater than 5000 then I just want to see those value. 

I have a calculated column with the sum of the debit and credits. I have tried filtering it so that I have values >5000 but it gives me back wrong info.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous,

I think this is what you are trying to do. 

if you have your graph and simply create a third calculated column with this line:

result = IF(Table1[credit] + Table1[debt] >= 5000 , true,false)
(this take the sum of the two columns and if there = or greater than, it returns true. else returns false

next creat a slicer and put this result column into the slicer. i have pictures here. 

let me know if you have any questions, hope it helps. 

regards, 
  -Collin
creditttttttttt.PNGcredittttttt.PNG

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

not exactly sure what you mean, but if you mean like multiple tables of credit and debit columns, i would concider merging the columns,  if you mean adding more columns or data, like many savings for example, you would just add more measures to the slicer

if you need more help on this, i would suggest creating a new question so it does not give mixed results for this posted question.

hope this helps. 

best regards, 

- Collin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous,

I think this is what you are trying to do. 

if you have your graph and simply create a third calculated column with this line:

result = IF(Table1[credit] + Table1[debt] >= 5000 , true,false)
(this take the sum of the two columns and if there = or greater than, it returns true. else returns false

next creat a slicer and put this result column into the slicer. i have pictures here. 

let me know if you have any questions, hope it helps. 

regards, 
  -Collin
creditttttttttt.PNGcredittttttt.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked, thanks!

Question: 

I want to do this for multiple tables and values. Would I need to create a new column/measure for each new value?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

not exactly sure what you mean, but if you mean like multiple tables of credit and debit columns, i would concider merging the columns,  if you mean adding more columns or data, like many savings for example, you would just add more measures to the slicer

if you need more help on this, i would suggest creating a new question so it does not give mixed results for this posted question.

hope this helps. 

best regards, 

- Collin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.