cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annade Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Show two rows on same level

Hi,

I want to show row information on the same level. I am using the Matrix but only get the drill down option.

As an example, I want to display item number and item description on the same row, not duplicating the data in the column level.

The below example is from a Excel pivot table but I experience the same thing, i.e. the item description appears on the level below. 

Merging cells is not an option. My question is if I could choose what rows to display next to each other.

Thanks in advance.

Anna

Pivot table.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Show two rows on same level

Hi @annade,

You should turn off the Stepped layout, in the image below you have how to turn it on/off, should give you expected result.

1111.png

Regards,

MFelix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @annade,

You should turn off the Stepped layout, in the image below you have how to turn it on/off, should give you expected result.

1111.png

Regards,

MFelix

Proud to be a Datanaut!

dilumd Established Member
Established Member

Hi,

If you need the drill down option, matrix is the only option. But you have switch off sub totals form the matrix values want be duplicated. However, tabular form in pivot table is still not there in the power BI.

annade Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you this helped me!

Super User
Super User

Hi @annade.

Didn't mention on my post but if you choose the drill down until the last level (button with two arrows connected on the left side) it will give you a table look.

But probably you already figured it out.

Regards,

MFelix

Proud to be a Datanaut!