Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show tick marks on X-axis and Y-axis

Hi,

Is it possible to show tick marks on X and Y axis lables please?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, it is not supported yet currently. There is an idea and about that you can vote it up and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37529548-please-make-tick-marks-available-for-chart-axis

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Coriel-11
Resolver I
Resolver I

I solved this for a date x-axis on a line and clustered column chart like this:
1. Create another column in the date table that turns up a value of -1 in each place where you want a tick. So in my case I waned one on the first day of each week so I used the formula 

Start of week = IF(WEEKDAY([date])=1,-1)
2. Add this column as an additional line on the chart (I had to use "Sum of start o week" here)
3. On the Shapes part of the Visulation window choose Customize series, then choose the name of the new line.
4. Set "Stroke width" to 0; Show marker to "on"; Marker shape to "+"; Marker colour to the same as the bars.
5. You may have to play around with the Y start/end figures if it tries to create a second axis

If depends on your type of chat quite a bit, but if you play around with the options, you can hopefully get something that works for you, even if a "tick marks" check box would be a lot easier.

Matt

PS This is the first time I've dared offer a solution so if you can mark it as a solution (and I'm not sure you can) then that would be great, and helpful for anyone that needs to find this on Google as this thread was the top search result when I was searching.
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, it is not supported yet currently. There is an idea and about that you can vote it up and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37529548-please-make-tick-marks-available-for-chart-axis

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.