Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anno2019
Helper IV
Helper IV

Show the value in a specific Month based on Slicer filter

Hi Guru's

I hope this is a simple one.

I will have a slicer filter as the image below indicates.  In this example my slicer represents Jan to April which the user can adjust.

I have a field for # of Employees, this is not a field that is "summed" as the # needs to based on the oldest month details, in the below example, I will need the # of employees as of April, so basically April's total # of employees.

I don't want my calculation to sum from Jan to April.  Not sure how to build this formula.  Total for April would be 24.  But if the User where to choose the period Jan to Jun "1 - 6" then the result in my formula should show 23.

Example Slicer.JPG

Slicer solution.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anno2019 ,

You have missed a bracket in the measure after the sum that's why you were getting error. Please use the below updated error. Do mark this as your solution if it solves your problem.

Employee Total Asac_14 Answer =
Var Month_Max=Max('DATA Testing'[Month Num])
Var Total_Value=Calculate(Sum('DATA Testing'[Amount]),'DATA Testing'[Month Num]=Month_Max)
Return Total_Value

View solution in original post

Hi @Anno2019 

Take a try of this one:

Measure = var a = MAX('DATA Testing'[MonthNum])
Return
MAXX(FILTER('DATA Testing',[MonthNum]=a),[Number of Employees])

08.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anno2019 

Please use below masure

Measure 6 = var a = MAX('Table (5)'[Monthnum])
Return
CALCULATE(MAX('Table (5)'[#of employee]),FILTER(ALL('Table (5)'),[Monthnum]=a))

07.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

@v-diye-msft  and @Asac_14 

Thank you both for the replies.  I tried both the answers but I am not doing something correctly.

I put a pbix file together which better reflects my current report.  I also created two measures using each example.

not sure if it is because my [Number of Employees] is actually a measure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qd4yghgw6bwnees/Show%20value%20of%20a%20specific%20month%20based%20on%20sl... 

slicer solution v-diye-msft  answer.JPG

slicer solution asac_14 answer.JPG

Hi @Anno2019 

Take a try of this one:

Measure = var a = MAX('DATA Testing'[MonthNum])
Return
MAXX(FILTER('DATA Testing',[MonthNum]=a),[Number of Employees])

08.PNG 

quickly.

Hi @Anno2019 ,

You have missed a bracket in the measure after the sum that's why you were getting error. Please use the below updated error. Do mark this as your solution if it solves your problem.

Employee Total Asac_14 Answer =
Var Month_Max=Max('DATA Testing'[Month Num])
Var Total_Value=Calculate(Sum('DATA Testing'[Amount]),'DATA Testing'[Month Num]=Month_Max)
Return Total_Value
Asac_14
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anno2019 ,

You can use the below measure 

Employee Total = 

Var Month_Max=Max('Table'[Month Num])

Var Total_Value=Calculate(Sum('Table'[Number of Employees],Table'[Month Num]=Month_Max)

Return Total_Value

Please mark this as solution and give a kudos if the above measue works for you.

PS I created and tested it in my local it does works 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors