Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show the name of product with high sales

Hello,

I want to know how to show the name of product with the highest sales.

Here is data: 

dataa.JPG

I want to show for example Top Sales : "Iphone"

Thanks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd better create calculated columns to get the max sale for each group, then create a new table to display what you want. I try to reproduce your scenario and get expected result as follows.

First, create a calculated column using the following formula.

2.png

Then click the New table under Modeling, type the DAX and create a new table. Please the result in screenshot, the result table will refresh when your data refresh.

3.png

You can then use filters to identity the top products. Please let me know if this resolves your issue. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you want to just rank this list or remove the other options? If you want to rank items you can do this through the topN filter.  Example below

1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  remove all other options I want to show the name of the product with the highest sum of sales .

as I said what I want to show is for example a text Top sales : " Iphone" 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a measure that show the sub_product with the highest sales but not the sum of sub_products;

Measure = LOOKUPVALUE(AllSales[Product)];AllSales[sales];MAXX(AllSales;(AllSales[sales])))

but as I said it shows me only the highest sales of one sub_product
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd better create calculated columns to get the max sale for each group, then create a new table to display what you want. I try to reproduce your scenario and get expected result as follows.

First, create a calculated column using the following formula.

2.png

Then click the New table under Modeling, type the DAX and create a new table. Please the result in screenshot, the result table will refresh when your data refresh.

3.png

You can then use filters to identity the top products. Please let me know if this resolves your issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  not that's what i want.

I want the sum of sub_products of the same product then show the highest sales between products as it explained in the picture

dataa.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Thanks you gave me an idea and now it works, I put sum instead of max then i worked with measures and now it works thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great news, I am glad you were able to find the solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.