Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Show slicer selection as output on dashboards...Help Please!

I have created a PBI report that allows employees to make selections in the dashboard slicers.  Then using Drillthrough, navigate tot he desire dashboard (tab).

One of the slicers that can have a profound impact on the underlying dashboards is date.  Two questions:

1.  Is there a way that I can show the date range from the slicer as an ouput on a dashboard to which someone drills?

2.  As a follow up, is it possible that I can repesent a summary of all the slicers a user has selected as a summary on the dashboard?

For instance, something like this would appear on page: 

• Customer>Location>Product>Market (Slicer Names)
  • ACME>London>Umbrellas>Atlantic (User Experience)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So based on a suggestion from the community I created a measure and used the following statement:

IF(NOT(ISFILTERED(Products[Subcategory])),”All”,
IF(COUNTROWS(ALLSELECTED(Products[Subcategory]))>5, “> 5 Subcategories”,
CONCATENATEX(
ALLSELECTED(Products[Subcategory]),
Products[Subcategory],
“, ”
)
)
)

It works perfectly, however I am not familiar enough with DAX to string together the results from multuple slicers.

All input is welcome.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DaveW
Advocate II
Advocate II

I use a card that syncs to the slicer that displays the value selected in the slicer

The only problem is that when there is no selection in the slicer, the card displays the first value from the table, which can be a bit confusing.

It would be good if there was a function to show only selected items and blank when nothing selected in the slicer

cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done something similar in my latest report:

selected authority = IF (
HASONEVALUE (Inner_Join_Placing_Caresetting[Placing Local Authority]),
SELECTEDVALUE (Inner_Join_Placing_Caresetting[Placing Local Authority]),
"Multiple selections"
)

So if one authority is selected in the Placing Local Authority slicer, then show that selected value. But if more than one is seleected, then it fails HASONEVALUE and returns the character string "Multiple Selections" instead. I put this in a card to remind the user which authority is selected. 

Next I need to figure out how to show "all authorities selected" if all slicer selections or select all are selected by the user.

So based on a suggestion from the community I created a measure and used the following statement:

IF(NOT(ISFILTERED(Products[Subcategory])),”All”,
IF(COUNTROWS(ALLSELECTED(Products[Subcategory]))>5, “> 5 Subcategories”,
CONCATENATEX(
ALLSELECTED(Products[Subcategory]),
Products[Subcategory],
“, ”
)
)
)

It works perfectly, however I am not familiar enough with DAX to string together the results from multuple slicers.

All input is welcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.