Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WorkHard
Helper V
Helper V

Show resources that have unscheduled events

I'd appreciate some guidance.

Consider the following scenario.

I have a report that pulls data about 50 bus schedules as events with a Bus ID, Start Date, and End Date.

On any given day there could a few buses that don't leave the depot so they don't have any events on the schedule and are not in the bus schedule table.

When I'm looking at this report I can see all the busses that have events on that day but I also need to have visibility of busses with no events.

Is this a complicated setup or am I overthinking this?

If I have a table of bus events I would just need to create a "resource" table that lists all 50 busses and then connect them with a one to many relationship? After that, in reports and charts I could select the "Show items with no data" to see the busses with no events?

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WorkHard ,

If you want to see buses have events and buses haven’t events in a table visual, you need to create a resource table that list all 50 buses.

You need to have two tables, one is bus schedule table that contains the event buses, another is resource table that contains all the buses.

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please provide a mockup sample based on fake data or describe the fields of each tables and the relations between tables simply?

It will be helpful if you can show us the exact expected result based on the tables.

Please upload your files to OneDrive For Business and share the link here. Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @WorkHard 
Why not start with posting a sample data that we can easily copy-paste and also your desired result?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.