Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aboshabo
Frequent Visitor

Show percentage and number together in steak chart for multiple value

Hi dears,

I am trying to show in Stake Chart the values and parcentage of a column contain many categoreis.

Could you help me to write a DAX code to fix this issue (as the down photo ) or do you have any suggestion.

Thanks for your support in advance!

Best Regards

Mahmoud

Test.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aboshabo ,

Since Power BI removes duplicate data, we need to add an Index column in Power Query Editor.

Then, try this:

library(reshape2)
library(scales)
library(dplyr)
library(stats)
library(base)
library(ggplot2)
library(tseries)
library(gridExtra)
library(quantmod)
dataset1<-dataset%>% group_by(Governorate) %>% count(District)
dataset2<-dataset1%>% group_by(Governorate)%>% mutate(percent=round(n/sum(n)*100,2))
CountPercent<-paste(dataset1$n," (",dataset2$percent,"%"," )")
ft<-data.frame(coredata(CountPercent))
ggplot(dataset2, aes(x = Governorate, y = dataset1$n, fill = District, label = ft$coredata.CountPercent)) +
  geom_bar(stat = "identity") +
  geom_text(size = 3, position = position_stack(vjust = 0.5))

count.PNG

For details, please check the attached PBIX file.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aboshabo ,

You can try to use R script visual.

show.PNG

R scripts:

# The following code to create a dataframe and remove duplicated rows is always executed and acts as a preamble for your script: 

# dataset <- data.frame(Category, Frequency, Year)
# dataset <- unique(dataset)

# Paste or type your script code here:
library(reshape2)
library(scales)
library(stats)
library(base)
library(dplyr)
library(ggplot2)
library(tseries)
library(gridExtra)
library(quantmod)
dataset1<-dataset%>% group_by(Year) %>% mutate(percent = round((Frequency/sum(Frequency) * 100),2))
FrequencyPercent<-paste(dataset1$Frequency," (",dataset1$percent,"%"," )")
ft<-data.frame(coredata(FrequencyPercent))
ggplot(dataset, aes(x = Year, y = Frequency, fill = Category, label = ft$coredata.FrequencyPercent)) +

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

aboshabo
Frequent Visitor

Dear @Icey 

Thanks for your answer! it is great!
As you used a numeric column, can you please help me to us a text column to count the values in that column based on its categories.

I added Page 2 to show what i mean (count and show text column).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/66lsux94w24gqpy/Show%20percentage%20and%20number%20together.pbix?dl=0

please if the file does not open directly, please use open >> file

Thanks for your support in advance!

Best Regards

Mahmoud

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aboshabo ,

Since Power BI removes duplicate data, we need to add an Index column in Power Query Editor.

Then, try this:

library(reshape2)
library(scales)
library(dplyr)
library(stats)
library(base)
library(ggplot2)
library(tseries)
library(gridExtra)
library(quantmod)
dataset1<-dataset%>% group_by(Governorate) %>% count(District)
dataset2<-dataset1%>% group_by(Governorate)%>% mutate(percent=round(n/sum(n)*100,2))
CountPercent<-paste(dataset1$n," (",dataset2$percent,"%"," )")
ft<-data.frame(coredata(CountPercent))
ggplot(dataset2, aes(x = Governorate, y = dataset1$n, fill = District, label = ft$coredata.CountPercent)) +

count.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

aboshabo
Frequent Visitor

Dear @Icey  thanks for your support! it is great!

My last two questions,

1. Is there a solution for the Arabic letters? it does not shows as a proper way, as you see in the photo.Annotation 2020-01-15 115807.jpg

2. Is there a solution to give x and y a different lable?

Best Regards

Mahmoud

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@aboshabo you cannot show both value and % as data label but you can surely add % as tool tip and it will show on hover over.

To do so, add following 3 measures. if you want you can combine all these in one measure as well.

change table name and colume name as per your data model. ALLSELECTED function take column name you are showing on X-Axis, in my case it is Line column

Sum Hrs = SUM ( hrs[Hrs] )

Total Hrs = CALCULATE( [Sum Hrs], ALLSELECTED ( hrs[Line] ) )

% = DIVIDE ( [Sum Hrs], [Total Hrs] )

One above is done, put % measure on tool tip and that will get you what you are looking for.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k  thanks for your awnser, I know how to show the values as a tooltip, but it's demanded from me to show the values as it in the photo.

thanks for your support!

Best Regards

Mahmoud

@aboshabo unfortunately you cannot have custom data labels, only tooltips. I think your request is genuine and would recommend to add an idea on ideas forum if it doesn't already exists or vote existing idea.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.