Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mehulpatel
Regular Visitor

Show other measures as total along with default total measures

Hello There:

I have got the matrix requirements in POWERBI as explained below:

- Row: Group 1, Group 2

- Column: Category 1, Category 2

- Measure: Measure 1

- Subtotal is not required at Category 1 level.

- Grand total is required at Category 2 level.

- Along with "Grand Total Measure 1", 2 more measures are required at Category 2 level as "Grand Total Measure 2" and "Grand Total Measure 3" and these new grand total measures should not be displayed under Category 1 and Category 2 column fields.

I have tried to create the above matrix by taking the required Group 1 and Group 2 fields into row and Category 1 and Category 2 fields into column and took Measure 1 into values section. I disabled the subtotal and enabled the grand total at Category 2 level.

Now I have added 2 new measures which are required at grand total space.

As I have added these 2 new measures, these were displayed under each and every Category 1 and Category 2 combination.

In order to avoid this I minimized the column headers of these measures, so that they will not be displayed and kept as is in total section.

I could also create another report tab and create different matrix for summary with these 3 measures, but user is not okay with this solution.

Is there any other way to achive the above requirements?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mehul

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mehulpatel,

Please share some dummy data and elaborate the corresponding results. Thanks. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks for the reply.

Please see the confiirguration of fields required in a matrix as in below grid.

Columns in red are required additionally at the end along with grand total of sales at category 1 level.

Category 1C1 C2 C3 Grand Total at Category 1 LevelGrand Total at Category 1 LevelGrand Total at Category 1 Level
 Category 2C21C22C21C22C31C32   
 ValuesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSalesSum of Other Measure 1Sum of Other Measure 2
Group 1Group 2         
G1G21         
 G22         
 G33         
G2G21         
 G22         
 G33         

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks & Regards,

Mehul

Hi @mehulpatel,

Do you mean you want to display Grand Total at Category 1 Level on top of the measure columns? 

It would be better if you can use some sample data to create a matrix visual to clarify the requirement. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.