Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

azaterol
Helper V
Helper V

Show only not sell products

Hey all,

these matrix tables are showing the sales which customer is buying. E.g. Anna is buying Smirnof, Wodka, Coca Cola and so on.

Bill is buying Jack Daniels and so on. 

What I want to show is, only all these products which the customer didin't buy. Of course with no sale, because he never bought this product. 

Here in the Bill Matrix should display: Smirnoff, Wodka, Coca Cola, Coca Cola Light, Coca Cola Zero, Redbull, Bounty.

In the Anna Matrix should display: Jack Daniels, Fanta, Snickers

In the Fred Matrix sould display:  Smirnoff, Wodka, Coca Cola, Coca Cola Light, Coca Cola Zero, Redbull, Bounty, Jack Daniels, Fanta, Snickers.

Hope you understand me.

@amitchandak  was so kind, he help me out with an post before, but I got not Power Bi example.

So here is the power Bi example, which I upload in onedrive for you, to understand me better. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhxzpjNK0L10gR3oL5hREjxrB7FN?e=3uepXU

Thank you all for help. 

Anna.PNG

Bill.PNG

Fred.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @azaterol 

Add another table 'Seperate Customers Table' without any relationship:

Seperate Customers Table = Customers

Then you can create a custom filter measure and drag this measure to the matrix visual filter pane to filter data. 

filter = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(AuPox[CustomerID]) in VALUES('Seperate Customers Table'[Customer ID]),1,0) 

veasonfmsft_0-1657869870726.png

veasonfmsft_1-1657869897795.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
azaterol
Helper V
Helper V

Hey everybody,

is there a measure to show only the products which the customer not bought?

Like here in excel I have a simple example.

The big problem is, that only if a customer buys a products it shows which products he bought, when he bought and the product number.

Have you an idea how I can create a measure to show the not bought products ?

Thank you all for help

beeeer.PNG

@azaterol , Make sure you have two dimension customer and product (separate table)

assume you have fact sales

measures  =

sales = sum(sales[sales Amount)

not purchased =

Countx(Filter( summarize(Sales, Customer[ID], Product[ID]) , isblank([sales]) ), [ID])

refer if needed

isblank is not just to check blank values, It can be used to flip the behavior of a measure, which comes handy to solve the problem like customer retention easily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roGE2qrp-eA&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGaaqV92SBD5X2hk3TMNlHhb&index=54

azaterol
Helper V
Helper V

@amitchandak , in your new List it shows all of these products which Anna bought and in the wrong Group. E.g. she bought Bounty(left matrix), it shows also up in right site under Alcohol free.

Right matrix should only Fanta, Jack Daniels & Snickers.

notsold.PNG

Hi, @azaterol 

Add another table 'Seperate Customers Table' without any relationship:

Seperate Customers Table = Customers

Then you can create a custom filter measure and drag this measure to the matrix visual filter pane to filter data. 

filter = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(AuPox[CustomerID]) in VALUES('Seperate Customers Table'[Customer ID]),1,0) 

veasonfmsft_0-1657869870726.png

veasonfmsft_1-1657869897795.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

@v-easonf-msft  Thank you so much! It works perfectly! Par excelence! 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@azaterol , Check if the attached file can help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.