Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zilver
Regular Visitor

Show only matching values from multiple tables

Hi all,

I have 2 tables like this :

Table 1

Ord_NumberStatus
10D
20D
30D

Table 2

Ord_NumberStatus
40U
50U

and I have Table 3 have so many numbers including some values from table 1 & 2 like this:

Table 3

Ord_NumberStatus
10D
15D
20D
45U
50U

So what i'm trying to do to show all the data who matched in table 1 and 2 like this:

Table 3

Ord_NumberStatus
10D
20D
50U

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zilver , 

You could create a table to union table1 and table2 's column, then create relationship between table3, then use not blank in filter, which will work.

Or you also could use measure to achieve this goal(don't create relationship between new table and table 3). You could refer to my sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zilver , 

You could create a table to union table1 and table2 's column, then create relationship between table3, then use not blank in filter, which will work.

Or you also could use measure to achieve this goal(don't create relationship between new table and table 3). You could refer to my sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Table 3, the last one is common of 1 and 2. But one and two had nothing common.

But refer

https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

So far what I did is I create table 3 and I put table 1&2 in (filter on this page) and I select filter type : basic filtering "select all" for both table. and ofc I create relationship between them as (many to one)(both).

and didn't work 😞

please if someone could help me how to fix that I really appreciate it.

What is the logic to achieve this table

Table 3

Ord_NumberStatus
10D
20D
50U

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have the same problem. In my specific case I use names instead of numbers. Imagine data since 2019 from my team. In all this team some people left the team. I have a table with EVERYONE since 2019 and another with only the ones that are in the team right now. I want to use my second table to filter he first one so only the values of the second will appear.

So in resume. The first table as thousand of rows and columns. And the second one only has the names that I wat to "filter".

NamesAgeIDetcetcetc
Mike741325etcetcetc
Freddy261326etcetcetc
Carl997653etcetcetc
Mark341746etcetcetc
John579816etcetcetc
Mary862749etcetcetc
Amitchandak
305472etcetcetc

Names

John

Mary
Mark
Amitchandak

My final result should look like this

NameAgeIDetcetcetc
Mary862749etcetcetc
Mark341746etcetcetc
Amitchandak305472etcetcetc
John579816etcetcetc

Also , this should be displayed in a bar chart

Hope it helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.