Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ebuckcherry

Show only items with no data

I have a table with a list of files with its details, that has been sent to two different companies for being processed.

Everyday, I receive a report of the files that should be processed before a specified date/time. I need to know which files has been sent to one company or other, and which files has not been sent.

I have done a relationship of both tables with Cardinality Many to Many and Cross filter direction Single, and I easily get the files sent, in one tab I have a table with the files sent to one company and in other tab the files sent to the other company. The problem came  when i want to see the files that has not been sent.

I created a table and I checked the option "Show Items with no data", but after that I can't filter de table to show only the items with no data.  I tried to filterfilter Columnname is not Company1 or Company2 but the resultant table has the same rows. the only difference is that the text in the filtered column dissapear.

Please, can anybody help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ebuckcherry

At the end I solved it creating a new table with a left outer join:

PowerQuery Editor > Home > Combine > Append Queries > Append Queries as new

Thank you anyway!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ebuckcherry

At the end I solved it creating a new table with a left outer join:

PowerQuery Editor > Home > Combine > Append Queries > Append Queries as new

Thank you anyway!

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ebuckcherry ,

You can try to change the Cross filter direction of relationships between the tables from Single to Both, which will take them treated as a single table. Or could you please show me the detail content about the three tables or data model in screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.